Notice for inviting application from eligible CAs for empanelment to carry out Special Audit under section 142-2A of the Income tax Act 1961.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant should be a reputed firm including proprietary concern engaged in the profession of accountancy and auditing having a staff strength of at least 20, including a minimum of 2 Chartered Accountants working with the applicant continuously at least for the last one year as on 31.03.2020. (Adequate evidences supporting the claim of staff strength and strength of CAs to be enclosed)
- The applicant should have accountancy and auditing experience of a minimum period of 7 years as on 31.03.2020 (Supporting evidences need to be adduced with application)
- The applicant should have filed returns of income regularly upto A.Y. 2020-21 and the gross professional receipts of the applicant from accountancy and auditing exclusively declared therein should be at least Rs. 20 Lacs or more in at least 3 of the last 7 years (i.e. from AY 2014-15 to AY 2020-21) (<1>. Evidence supporting claim in this respect needs to be enclosed with the application <2>. PANs, AO details of the applicant concern/firm and those of the partners need to be specified in the application)
- The applicant should not have been charged with having indulged in any professional misconduct and no complaint u/s. 21 of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 for any irregularity should have been filed against the applicant, with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
- No prosecution should have been launched under Chapter XXII of the Income-tax Act or under any other statute, against the firm or its partners or against the proprietary concern, as the case may be.
- There should not be any Income-tax dues outstanding against the applicant concern, and partners in case the applicant concern is a firm on the date of making the application.
- The applicant should not be facing any investigation/inquiry for tax evasion on the date of making the application.
(Affidavit by the applicant in respect of fulfillment of clauses (d), (e), (f) and (g) as above needs to be enclosed with the application)
- The decision of the Department as regards the empanelment of CAs will be final and binding.
For other details, Read Tender Document Here.